The immune system took on a new fight with COVID-19. The virus reminded us about the absolute importance of maintaining immune health.
Think of your immune system as a powerful army that includes specialized cells, enzymes, and antibodies.  A healthy immune system is always active, alert, and ready to attack the viruses and other invaders that can cause your body harm.
However, when the immune system becomes weak and can’t fight those germs, you’re more likely to get sick.  When you do, the symptoms tend to be stronger and last longer with a weak immune system.
Strong immune system silently attach invaders that will cause harm to your body.
You Don’t Notice A Strong Immune System
A protective, well-supported immune system can “silently” identify and attack threatening invaders before they create damage. 
The pandemic has encouraged us to take precautions against getting sick, such as frequent hand washing. Just as important, however, are taking the right measures that support immune health.
Your body was designed to heal itself, and the immune system is its first line of defense. When you remove what interferes with that process and provide the right support, your immune system can stay strong and fight the germs that make you sick.
What Weakens the Immune System?
Numerous assaults can weaken the immune system. They include:
- Smoking and alcohol 
- Environmental toxins in the air, our food and water, and many products we use daily 
- An unhealthy diet, which can deplete nutrients and create inflammation that harms the immune system 
The body often provides clues that your immune system is weak. Among the signs include:
- High stress levels
- You’re often sick, and it takes a while to get over an illness
- You often have diarrhea, constipation, or other gut issues
- Wounds are slow to heal
- You get frequent infections
- You’re tired a lot 
Your healthcare practitioner can address these issues. Consider chiropractic care, too. Researchers have found that just one adjustment can positively impact the immune system. 
A Strong Immune System Needs the Right Nutrients
To perform well, each stage of the immune response requires specific vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.  Deficiencies in just one nutrient can impair your immune system.
As a result, you’re more likely to get sick. One study, for instance, found that over 80 percent of 200 COVID-19 patients in a Spanish hospital had low levels of vitamin D. 
Important vitamins and minerals for immune health include:
- Vitamin C. Stress and infections can quickly lower the body’s vitamin C stores. Supplementing with vitamin C can support the immune system. 
- Vitamin D. Low amounts can increase the risk of developing many immune-related problems, including respiratory infections and COVID-19. 
- Zinc. This mineral is involved in signaling pathways within immune cells. Zinc also provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits, which support immune health. 
Many of these nutrients work together.  Sufficient intakes of vitamin C and zinc, for instance, can improve symptoms and shorten the duration of respiratory tract infections, including the common cold. 
The Right Nutrient Support: Start with Your Diet
Foods that boost your immune systemOur Core and Advanced Plans contain these and other nutrients to keep your immune system strong. Both plans contain all the immune-boosting foods your body needs, including:
- Higher intakes of fruit and vegetables, which can lower inflammation and improve the immune system. 
- Protein-rich foods help build, manage, and activate specific immune cells, produce antibodies that fight infections, and much more.  Protein deficiencies can impair immune function and increase your risk of being sick. Our Grass-Fed Whey Protein provides the highest-quality protein to ensure you’re meeting your needs, in a convenient powder.
- Healthy fats like coconut oil can help activate the immune response. 
7 More Ways to Support Your Immune System
Combine our nutrient-rich Core or Advanced Plans with these seven strategies and you create a solid foundation for a strong immune system that can handle whatever germs you’re exposed to.
- Get quality sleep. Quality, uninterrupted sleep can reduce infection risk, improve infection outcome, and support vaccination responses.  Having trouble falling or staying asleep? Our Sleep + Mood Formula can give you solid, uninterrupted sleep for a strong immune system.
- Make breakfast our immune Boosting Smoothie Recipe. We’ve combined five superstar ingredients – cauliflower, mixed berries, avocado, coconut milk, and Perfect Plant Protein – in one delicious, easy-to-make smoothie to start your day right.
- Manage stress. Over 300 studies over three decades show that chronic stress weakens the immune system.  You can’t eliminate stress, but these 16 strategies can help manage those stress levels.
- Move regularly. Moderate amounts of physical activity strengthens the immune system.  If you want to step things up, our Max T3 program gives you an intense, full-body workout in just 12 minutes… in the comfort of your own home.
- Find your ideal weight. Being overweight or obese can weaken the immune system.  Research shows that losing even a little bit of weight can reverse much of the damage seen in the immune cells of obese people, especially those with type 2 diabetes.  A well-designed keto diet can help you lose weight and support the immune system.
- Practice gratitude. This can boost your immune system, help you sleep better, and so much more.  Consider a gratitude journal, and write three (or more) things you’re grateful for every morning.
- Take the right nutrients. With the renewed emphasis on immune health, finding the right nutrients can be confusing or overwhelming. We’ve simplified the process with our Daily Immune Support Bundle.
Boost Your Immune System with MaxLiving’s Daily Immune Support Bundle
This bundle combines three highly researched, powerful supplements in their most effective forms.
- Zinc + combines 30mg of chelated, highly bioavailable zinc. We’ve added B vitamins, malic acid, molybdenum, and taurine to help the body effectively utilize zinc.
- Vitamin C Complete combines vitamin C with citrus bioflavonoids and quercetin, which support vitamin C’s availability while providing additional antioxidants and other support.
- Vitamin D3 + Probiotics combines 5,000 IUs of vitamin D3 with 10 Billion CFU of probiotics providing four different strains and fructo-oligsaccharides (FOS) from chicory root. This powerful formula combines the many benefits of vitamin D with gut-supporting nutrients for additional immune protection.
Eating healthy, physical activity, and other strategies here can help prevent getting sick and keep your immune system strong.
We’ve designed our Daily Immune Support Bundle to provide that extra support to enhance immune health. There’s no need to guess what nutrients to take or waste money on ineffective supplements. We’ve combined everything you need in one convenient bundle.
About the Author
Author Jason BoehmJason Boehm is a Chicago, IL-based nutritionist and science writer. He combines his two Master’s Degrees in Mass Communication and Nutrition to help others achieve their wellness goals through science-based, engaging written content.