Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe – Spicy & Hearty
Looking for an easy lunch or dinner option that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser? Enjoy this healthy black bean soup that will leave your family full and satisfied! This tasty soup can be customized to be as spicy or as mild as you’d like. To make a vegetarian or vegan black bean soup, substitute the chicken stock for vegetable stock.
Core Plan approved
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- ½ tbsp chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tbsp cumin (to taste)
- 3-5 drops hot sauce (to taste)
- In a food processor or blender, puree 1 can of black beans and the chicken stock.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onions and garlic in coconut oil.
- When veggies are tender, add the black bean mixture from the blender and the remaining can of black beans. Stir on medium-low heat.
- Add spices a little at a time and add more by taste until you like it!