Switchel originated in the Caribbean and has been a popular summer drink for 300 years. Called, “Haymaker’s Punch,” by farmers, it is popular at harvest time, but also has a drink for celebrations. Enjoy instead of alcohol and you will remain healthy and happy at social events. It contains ginger, apple cider vinegar, and lemon which all provide a powerful detox punch.
- 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 12 drops of Sweet Leaf Stevia
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger or 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or a glass.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to a day.
- Shake or stir before serving. Taste and adjust Stevia amount, if desired.
- If using fresh ginger, strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth.
- Pour over ice or mix with soda water, if desired.
- Makes 1-2 drinks.