- Get a chiropractic exam. During pregnancy, when that curve of your lower back is strained and causing pain, chiropractic provides a safe source of relief of that nagging, sometimes debilitating, lumbar-region pain, even in pregnancy.(1)
- Maintain regular chiropractic care. Chiropractors can also help to ensure proper pelvic alignment for optimal positioning of the baby.(2)
- Consume folate-rich foods, such as beans, asparagus, and beets.3 Folate is essential for the baby’s brain and spinal development.4 Strive to get at least 400mcg of folate daily.4
- Incorporate omega-3 fatty acids, from cold-water, wild caught fish. Omega-3 fatty acids play a large role in healthy eye and brain development of the baby.5
- Eat berries, like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Berries are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which help boost immune function during pregnancy.6
- Choose organic, grass-fed meats. Iron is an essential nutrient, especially while pregnant.7 Grass-fed, organic beef is an optimal source of iron.
- Add raw ginger to your water. The addition of ginger helps to reduce and combat symptoms of morning sickness.8 It is recommended that you drink at least 8-12 glasses of water per day.9
- In the second and third trimesters, eat about 300-500 extra calories per day.10 Consuming adequate amounts of food ensures the baby is getting adequate nutrients.10
- Utilize a healthy support network. Utilizing close friends, family and trusted community of professionals <link to “Local Resources” document> during pregnancy can help ease stress and provide encouragement during pregnancy.11
- Prioritize 7-9 hours of sleep per night.12Although sleep may be more disrupted and challenging during pregnancy, it is essential as your body’s natural restorative process.13 Practice techniques for improving sleep, such as side sleeping with pillows.14
Oxygen & Exercise
- Exercise regularly, but listen to what your body needs. Exercise during pregnancy has been shown to help improve sleep, energy, and posture.15 However, be sure to follow guidelines regarding what exercise routine is right for you. Even light exercises such as walking for 30 minutes 3-4 times per week has powerful benefits.16
Please consult with your healthcare practitioner before starting any exercise program.
- Limit exposure to environmental toxins. Excessive exposure to environmental toxins may contribute to the risk of unwanted pregnancy complications.17
- Avoid harsh cleaning products. Choose natural cleaners such as vinegar, baking soda, or essential oils to ensure optimal health of the baby.18
Nutrient & Hormone Testing
- If you have any concerns about your prenatal health, please consult with your healthcare practitioner about performing the proper blood tests
Talk to your healthcare practitioner about including these and/or any other nutraceuticals in your dietary practices.
Prenatal Daily Essentials Recommendations
|Nutraceutical||Instructions for Use|
|Prenatal Daily Essentials Packets||Two packets per day with a meal.|
|Probiotic 50B||1 Capsule Daily with a meal.|
|Vitamin D3 + Probiotics||1 Capsule Daily with a meal.|
|Dynamic Fruits & Greens||1 scoop daily|
Never modify any medications or other medical advice without your healthcare practitioner’s support.
*For optimal results, we recommend you have you undergo a metabolic analysis profile test, which tests for key biomarkers that identify nutritional deficiencies, toxicities, bacterial overgrowth, and drug effects. Talk with your MaxLiving Chiropractor about the Metabolix Program to get tested and be able to obtain a more customized health plan.
This content is for information purposes only. Any statement or recommendation in this publication does not take the place of medical advice nor is meant to replace the guidance of your licensed healthcare practitioner. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. MaxLiving information is and products are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease or provide medical advice. Decisions to use supplements to support your specific needs should be considered in partnership with your licensed healthcare practitioner.